The 14-day diet of the Japanese is considered one of the healthiest foods in the world, and therefore the average life expectancy of the Japanese is much higher than in the rest of the world. Why is that? After all, "Japanese" promises maximum results in the shortest possible time - 8 kilograms in two weeks and, most importantly, gives a guaranteed result that lasts a long time.
Sometimes the authorship belongs to the nutritionists of the Mayo Clinic. This solid and reputable medical facility really exists. But this is not a Japanese, but an American clinic. More precisely, a network of clinics and research centers headquartered in San Francisco. Doctors from Mayo offer several patented methods to lose weight.
Japanese diet for 14 days: a brief about the basics
|The result of the Japanese diet||Negative 5-8 kg|
|Features||Low calorie and requires a tough, initial psychological approach|
|Recommended Frequency||Not more than 2 times a year|
|Additional effect||Long-term protection of the result (provided the right diet)|
At the end of the diet, it is important to follow some recommendations to maintain the result for a long time. The main principles of this method to lose weight are:
- avoidance of spices, salt, predominance of protein foods in the menu;
- use of dietary foods only;
- maintain a balanced diet in the future.
The Japanese diet is not suitable for pregnant women, lactating women, those with gastritis and ulcers, as well as people with liver and kidney disease, heart failure. You should consult your doctor before starting a diet!
The Japanese weight loss system is considered strict and has a number of contraindications:
- with hypertension, heart and vascular diseases;
- thyroid disorders;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of any complexity, kidney disease;
- while playing sports;
- hard physical and mental work.
When it comes to getting rid of the weight gained during the holiday, it is recommended to prefer fasting days - this practice will not harm your health, will not upset your digestion and will save you from the water accumulated during the holiday.
The Japanese diet for 14 days: the basics of proper nutrition
The Japanese are known to have one of the highest life expectancies in the world, and very few cases of obesity exacerbate health problems. Japanese women live an average of 87 years, and men 80 years. The longevity of the Japanese people is mainly due to a healthy diet consisting of fish, vegetables and plants. One of the defining qualities is that Japanese cuisine emphasizes quality over quantity.
For 14 days, the goal of the Japanese diet is to restore the disturbed metabolism through careful selection of low-calorie foods on the menu. The focus is on small portions of fresh seasonal produce. Dieters are advised to value quality over quantity and to enjoy food by eating slowly and eating less.
Up to 80% of Japanese food is a major factor in their diet. In addition, great attention is paid to the presentation and the beautiful and eye-catching appearance of the dish.
Dairy products and bread are not included in the diet, and when beef and chicken are included in the diet, they are seen as an accompaniment to eating more than the main meal. It is a dessert that prefers fresh fruit, but if you eat a higher calorie dessert, eat it in very small quantities.
In Japan, breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day and is often the longest meal. In her book, Naomi Moriyama introduces dieters to the concept of a Japanese energy breakfast consisting of miso soup, rice, eggs or fish, vegetables, fruits and green tea.
Since "Japanese" is an unbalanced weight loss system, it is important to take vitamin complexes. In addition, to lose weight effectively, you need to drink plenty of water, not juices and other beverages. One and a half to two liters of water a day helps to remove toxins and putrefactive products from the body.
The duration of the diet is 13 or 14 days. A few secrets learned from the book and no longer a mystery:
- Fish, rice, vegetables, fruits and soy are the staple foods of the Japanese. Almost all Japanese recipes are based on these ingredients. And of course, thanks to fish, the Japanese get omega-3 fatty acids, and as you know, they affect not only the skin / hair / nails, but the body as a whole.
- The Japanese eat only miniature dishes. The Japanese eat only miniature portions. They can eat a hamburger, but it will be a Japanese-sized hamburger. "In Japan, food is served on plates, cups and plates, making it more suitable for a boy with a thumb than his American counterparts. "The Japanese diet will allow you to normalize your figure, as well as improve your health in many ways.
- Japanese food is always "light". In other words, instead of frying vegetables, the Japanese cook them on steam or on the grill. The Japanese, on the other hand, generally do not use spices, eat "naked" food and feel its natural taste.
- The Japanese replace bread with rice. Sweets are rarely and in small quantities. And they are constantly moving.
The main idea of the book is that the Japanese have a reasonable attitude to food. Eating is not a cult for them, they (like Americans) eat more and do not try to gain weight, but rather to live. Speaking of Americans. The book describes Americans as a "bad example. "Japan and America are constantly being compared. Well, Japan will definitely win.
Basic elements of the Japanese diet
Dietitians note a number of advantages - "Japanese" is both low-carbohydrate and low-calorie, in addition, all foods should be consumed without salt, which leads to a feeling of hunger. The slogan of the Japanese diet is mild.
Given our propensity for fast and easy fast food, it is not surprising that "Japanese", based not only on taste but also on healthy eating, has made significant improvements in life expectancy. As a nation (not to mention sumo wrestlers! ), The Japanese usually eat what they like, not what is advertised on television, because losing weight with unhealthy foods is clearly fatal.
The essence of the Japanese diet is to give up salt and sugar, reduce the amount of carbohydrates and fats. It is important to follow the rules of nutrition and the menu, which is easy to find online. The only thing that can be changed is to replace black coffee with unsweetened green tea and add a little salt every two days to keep it from breaking down. Of course, for this period you need to forget about fast food, sweets, alcohol and harmful foods.
In addition to the classic version of the Japanese diet, there is an option on the menu, which is recommended to drink green tea instead of coffee.
So, what are the foods of the Japanese diet in the diet for every day?
- Fish for health. When you think of Japanese food, you probably think of sushi, which now means raw fish and rice. Thus, the Japanese diet is closely linked to the consumption of large amounts of fish. Fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their health benefits for the heart and even the brain.
- Less red meat. With so much fish, the Japanese are openly fed enough to eat red meat! Red meat contains saturated fats, which, if consumed in excess, can clog the arteries, as well as lead to obesity and heart disease. Therefore, eat more salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring and avoid red meat and potential heart attack.
- Soy products. Soy foods, such as fish and tofu, are an excellent alternative source of protein, unlike red meat or even milk, because they contain little or no saturated fat. Soy foods help reduce heart disease and lower blood pressure. Soy foods, a key element of the Japanese diet, help lower cholesterol levels and are a healthy addition to a healthy diet.
- Lots of rice. The Japanese consume large amounts of rice, so much so that it is served with almost every meal of the day, including breakfast. Rice satisfies you as a low-fat carbohydrate, so there is less room for foods that promote obesity and block blood vessels. (The Japanese could improve their health by replacing brown rice with white rice. )
- Natural noodles. Japanese oven noodles are also the main food of the people and are made from wheat and buckwheat flour, which help the digestive process. Baked noodles do not contain white flour and are considered significantly healthier because they are rich in fiber, which removes cholesterol from the body and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Not a lot of vegetables. The Japanese eat a lot of vegetables, and it's not uncommon to have vegetable soup or even a salad for breakfast! Cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, cabbage and watercress are superior to the "Western" Western diet due to their high consumption of cruciferous vegetables. They are rich in vitamin C and fiber and have strong anti-cancer properties. Cooking methods for vegetables include light steaming or frying to help retain the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Healthy teas. Japanese green tea has many health benefits. Green tea is believed to help regulate blood pressure, lower blood sugar, strengthen the immune system, lower cholesterol, slow down the aging process, and even studies have shown that green tea is effective in preventing cancer. Life is as close to the potion as it gets!
- Healthy desserts. The Japanese love some Western desserts, such as ice cream or cakes, but they serve seasonal fruit on a plate, not a sticky candy pudding. Even if there are Western-style desserts on the menu, the portion sizes will be significantly smaller.
- A small portion of food. In Japan, portions of food are smaller, which in turn reduces the burden on the digestive system. In Japan, tourists will find that when they eat in a cafe or restaurant, the food will be about half their usual.
- You are "Japanese". There are undeniable health benefits to this weight loss system, which can help you live longer, look thinner (and perhaps younger), and be healthier overall. Adding lots of fish, rice (preferably brown rice) and vegetables to your diet, as well as reducing red meat and processed foods, can drastically change your diet and health. Now go drink green tea!
The diet menu includes natural black coffee, so this diet is not recommended for people with cardiovascular disease. You should consult a specialist before starting to lose weight. Maybe he will recommend replacing coffee with black or green tea. Exercise, especially strong ones, will have to be postponed in a diet (daily calorie intake is less than normal and the body will not "pull" much physical activity).
14-Day Japanese Diet Shopping List
- Fruits (except bananas and grapes) - only 1 kg.
- Kefir - 1 l (buy fresh, do not save for future use! ).
- First-class coffee beans or ground - 1 packet.
- sea fish fillets - 2 kg.
- Fresh carrots - 2–3 kg.
- Lean beef, pulp - 1 kg.
- Green tea of your favorite variety (with and without additives) - 1 packet.
- Zucchini, eggplant - only 1 kg.
- Fresh chicken eggs - 2 pieces.
- Chicken fillet - 1 kg.
- White cabbage - 2 medium-sized forks.
- Tomato juice - 1 l.
- Extra virgin olive oil - 500 ml.
- Selected lemons - 2 pcs.
Japanese diet for 14 days: full menu schedule
Dietitians advise not to stick to the Japanese diet for more than 14 days. You can repeat every two years.
|Day 1||Coffee or a cup of tea without added milk and sugar||Two eggs are decorated with boiled cabbage, fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 g of any boiled lean fish|
|2 nd day||Coffee or a cup of tea without added milk and sugar||200 grams of lean fish, garnish with baked vegetables||Two eggs, boiled cabbage or fresh vegetable salad|
|3rd day||Unsweetened coffee or tea, milk, a little rye bread cruton||200 g of boiled lean fish with fresh or cooked vegetables||100 grams of boiled beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|4th day||Unsweetened coffee or tea, milk, a little rye bread cruton||Pumpkin or eggplant cooked in vegetable oil||200 grams of boiled beef, fresh cabbage side dish with a small amount of butter, two boiled eggs|
|5th day||Carrot salad with lemon juice||200 grams of boiled fish, a side dish of fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 grams of bananas, any fruit except grapes|
|6th day||Tea or coffee without sugar and milk||200 grams of boiled beef||Two boiled eggs garnished with fresh carrots|
|7th day||Tea or coffee without sugar and milk||Vegetable salad with 200 grams of boiled chicken garnish (cabbage, carrots, a little butter)||200 grams of bananas, any fruit except grapes|
|8th day||Carrot salad with lemon juice||Two boiled eggs, 50 grams of low-fat cheese, any vegetable salad||200 grams of beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|9th day||Tea or coffee without the addition of milk or sugar||200 grams of chicken fillet, carrot and cabbage salad||Two eggs, any vegetable salad with a little butter|
|10th day||Unsweetened coffee or tea, milk, a little rye bread cruton||200 g of boiled lean fish with fresh or cooked vegetables||200 g of any boiled lean fish|
|11th day||Unsweetened coffee or tea, milk, a little rye bread cruton||Pumpkin or eggplant cooked in vegetable oil||Two eggs, boiled cabbage or fresh vegetable salad|
|12th day||Carrot salad with lemon juice||Vegetable salad with 200 grams of boiled chicken garnish (cabbage, carrots, a little butter)||100 grams of boiled beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|13th day||Tea or coffee without the addition of milk or sugar||200 grams of chicken fillet, a glass of tomato juice, vegetable salad||Two eggs, any vegetable salad with a little butter|
|14th day||Tea or coffee without the addition of milk or sugar||Two eggs are decorated with boiled cabbage, fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 grams of bananas, any fruit except grapes|
The number of meals in the diet is limited to breakfast, lunch and dinner, with no snacks in between.
- you can’t reorganize breakfast and dinner or diet days;
- Eat only products from the menu for 14 days (nothing will help without persistence);
- cabbage and fish do not replace anything in the diet;
- beef can be replaced 1-2 times with chicken (but not desirable);
- It is allowed to replace pumpkin, squash, beets (instead of frying, this product is cooked with foil and greens and olive oil).
General principles for quitting the Japanese diet
If you have patiently endured all 14 days of the Japanese diet, you should never take foods that are now allowed, you should gradually get rid of them.
- You should gradually return to your normal diet by gradually expanding your diet. By saving the menu, you can add 1-2 new products to the menu every day. You should start with vegetables, fruits, complex carbohydrates. A full return to a normal diet should occur no later than 7-14 days after the end of the diet.
- Nutrition should be rational. If after a day you start overeating with simple carbohydrates and fats, why should you suffer and keep a strict diet? Nutrition should be balanced, contain a lot of protein, vitamins, fiber.
Products based on the Japanese diet can remain the basis of the diet and beyond. Low-fat meat and fish, vegetable salads, fresh fruits - all this is only good for the body and helps maintain a good figure. It is also worth maintaining healthy habits, such as drinking plenty of fluids and minimizing salt and sugar intake. Then and at the end of the diet, the extra pounds will not be terrible.
What results can be expected from the Japanese diet
The diet requires a lot of extra weight. It becomes fluid in the first days (and will come back, so you will recover again up to 1-2 kg, and this is normal). But the remaining 3-6 kg will melt without a trace. Women who weigh 20-30 kilograms can lose at least 10 kilograms in two weeks.
Despite the impressive results, it is not always recommended to stick to this diet: it is low in calories and low in nutrients, which can be detrimental to women's health. Skin, nails, teeth will deteriorate, the reproductive system and gastrointestinal system will suffer. You should not repeat the Japanese weight loss system often: once every six months will be optimal.
Among the many diets, the Japanese diet differs, and their opinions are often captured. It is believed that "Japanese" not only effectively loses excess weight, but also helps to acquire good eating habits, and improves metabolism.
- First sight, female, 31 years old. "I wanted to cleanse my body before the upcoming holiday and at the same time correct my figure a bit. I was surprised by its effectiveness, but I was immediately upset when I" planted "my body. Be careful, dear ladies, before going on such a strict diet. "
- Second look, woman, 20 years old. "But I took the risk of being on this diet for more than 14 days. I did it in vain. My metabolism was disrupted and now I don't know what to do about it. "
- Third review, female, 38 years old. "I decided to lose weight after the birth of a child. I was very pleased. Of course, I did not return to my former form, but I grew significantly. I recommend to anyone who wants to get rid of extra inches. And test their will. Know that if you want something, you can fly into space. Among other things, this diet compresses the abdomen beautifully.
- Fourth review, female, 28 years old. "Don't make fun of the body. Although I doubt that the Japanese drink black coffee in the morning, perhaps what is good for the Japanese is unacceptable to other people. Of course, I survived all 14 days, but what did it cost me? ", nervousness, headaches and all this to lose 5 pounds? I was expecting more, at least 8. The creators of the diet claim that the metabolism is completely normalized during the diet. allows you to maintain a lasting result after a long time with a balanced diet in the future. "
- Fifth review, male, 40 years old. "And I asked my wife to lose weight. At first she resisted, she didn't want to. I took her" weakly ", and then it happened. At first it was difficult, but the result surprised us. It was years younger. She fell 5. "Curiosity has already overwhelmed me. I decided to give it a try myself. The beer belly and hanging sides are like never before. "
- Sixth review, female, 36 years old. "I've been in the Japanese woman more than once, I like the diet very much, because I lost at least 5 kilograms, I do not need more. In the first days it is very difficult without salt, so it is necessary. Make every effort not to give up everything andI started eating as before. I'm a purposeful person, so I put up with it. The result was very pleasant, except for the kilograms, the volumes went away, I forgot what the swelling was. "
In any case, the main thing in any diet to lose weight is not its name, but its effectiveness in terms of weight loss, and in this sense, the opinions of dieters, as well as nutritionists. 'In this regard, we agree on the most positive assessment.
You need to know that every diet is a great stress for the body. Don't push yourself to the point of exhaustion. Treat yourself with care and understanding, even if you don't, your lover will take care of you. "Japanese" is a very strict weight loss system. It gives results in a short time, but the combination of protein-fat-carbohydrate-vitamins is completely unbalanced.
If you still have doubts about whether you are on a diet, try to consult a dietitian. Happy weight loss and good luck!